Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm back. For now.

I've spent exactly a week here starting last Sunday which marks a great difference and beginning in my life.

I was ushered to a shabby old room that's situated at the centre of our college (hostel) which is none the less something quite advantageous considering the strategic location in the entire university which is the centre of everything. Yes, it's near to everywhere even though a 15 minutes walk to the main graduation hall is considered near. And trust me, I know it deep down having spent hours walking to the main hall few times a day during this entire week of Minggu Mesra Mahasiswa. And our college happens to have a cyber cafe which I am in now, laundry shop, sundry shop, cafeteria and of course loads of monkeys as told by seniors even though I haven't saw one yet.

Orientation just ended today. And that explains why I finally have the time to write a post. Will be updating more since the torturous week where we hardly sleep throughout this few days has finally come to an end and here comes Monday and I'm back studying again. But only around 17 hours a week so I have plenty of spare time. Assuming the fact that I have a few bucks to spare in this cyber. Since I haven't apply for the internet connection in my room and activation takes time. Hmmm....

I do not know how to expressed what does it feel to be in a place you know no one and begin a whole new life. It was days before I finally bump into my high school girl friend who lives pretty far away from my place. Having a roommate who's two years younger than me, mixing around people from places all around the country. Mingling around new people and seniors proves something else which I would love to write next time since time is running short.

And I'm getting used to people raising their eye brows or suddenly their eyes enlarge and look like my uncle's gold fish or a certain doubt or curiosity tone that they're obviously not hiding when they found out I'm from Sabah. And I'm more than happy to tell them I am indeed from Sabah, the place where ladies run around in naked butts since these enquiring people are lack of common knowledge about their own country who's clearly ignoring the fact that it's an authentic and acknowledged solid real CITY.

HA.!! Sarcasm in my blood. Till then.!

4 comments:

Otto said...

Hey hey hey! Am glad to hear that you are doing well in your new environment... reading this particular entry reminds me of my first time away from home =)

You possess far more maturity than I when I first left home... Good on ya!

Plunny said...

Thanks so much Otto!!

Ianfluenza said...

Oh great! Look who's back?!!! Yay...

The fear and discomfort you've expressed is normal and you will know better as you blend into the environment and people as time passes...

Good luck!

Plunny said...

Thanks Ian..!! Haha..miss my blog so damn muchie..!!