Saturday, June 09, 2007

Young!

Just when I keep reminding myself that I'm young, and still is, news of friends getting married or already pushing a baby trolley down the street suddenly come popping out right in front of my face.

With friends telling others and others that who and who is tying the knot soon and it's not because there's a little human waiting to crawl out to this world and they have to create an actual real family before that happen. But because they really can't wait to walk down the aisle and exchange vows. Not to mention, right after they blow off 21 candles and officially step into adulthood. And also married life.

As if that's not bizarre enough, suddenly you're reminded of an old friend that fathered a child when he was only 18 and doing his final year in high school. We knew accidents like that do happen and marriage was just inevitable unless of course his 16 year old girlfriend-soon-to-be-wife decided to abort the baby suddenly which is very unlikely when he's practically the master key to a thickly loaded family. When things like that happened, you thought after this little love child is born, the focus will be directed to another side as in perhaps its time to build a stronger base and support for your new found family before you take things into another level. But you see, with such story to born, I think its only natural and practically pretty equipped for this fast forward life of him to evolve in that speed lane too instead of the normal, practical and rational one. And just two days ago, I was told that this pretty boy had another kid. When, I do not know but what I do know is, he's only 22 with two kids, and a 20 year old wife and of course, a rich dad.

Then, here comes a young pretty lady pushing a baby trolley with a few months old baby inside that has the exact same eyes as her young mother. This 22 year old petite mom could just pass as a normal undergraduate student and perhaps can actually still fit into her old high school uniform. Yet, she chose another path which I believe after knowing her for years was because she was raised to believe that securing a loaded and stable husband when she's still young and gorgeous is the perfect goal of a woman's life.

Perhaps that its a normal age to start a family and its a very common thing that doesn't really raise people's eyebrows with a big O mouth wide opened when greeted with these sudden encounters.

No offence to me, I completely have no problem with these or against the idea of finding the perfect one when you just barely touch the adulthood line. I just think its absolutely unwise to do so when you're practically so damn young and its the climax time line of yours where almost nothing is impossible. I mean the world is so big and there's just so much thing for you to do and find out and the best way to do it is while you're still free and not tied down to anything.

Don't get me wrong here, having a family is not a bad thing at all and getting married doesn't necessarily mean you're barred from having a normal free life doing whatever you desire. It's just that, its another stage completed way too early and there's just so much that you haven't see yet out there. It's great to look at you're own miniature being but I think its also great to see what you can while you still can because at the end of the day, you will still have to settle down and of course its best after you've seen enough.

But then again, different people brought up different ways have different perspective and priorities in different life's. Who am I to say they made a wrong decision.? Who am I to say I'm right that I should see the world before I decide to settle down.?

It's still up to you at the end of the night, what's you think is most important and what you want to do and what you don't and of course when, where and why and most of all, will you do it when the sun sets and night falls?

Only future and you will know. =)

No comments: