Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back

I got back on Sunday afternoon where I moved my stuff which is a lot, to the new hostel with the help of my uncle who pick me up from airport.

The new place is of course nonetheless extremely different from the one I stayed during my freshman year. And I can say that staying outside of campus after enjoying the luxury of a room that only require me to walk down the hill to class does make a whole lot different.

In fact, in this new resident of mine, the only factor that didn't change is perhaps the furniture provided, and of course my roomie, fortunately.

Okay, actually the place is not half bad, slightly better than what I've expected earlier but it's not that bad. You get the picture.

This time, we're not only entitled to a room with four walls, its basically a flat unit with a living room, three bedrooms and two bathroom. Well at least we no longer have to share the loo with the rest in the same level as we used to. And the place is less shabbier with walls that's actually still white, not contaminated yellowish dirty ones.

There's no canteen available, guards practically was just there to make an appearance, anyone in the building is welcome to enter and leave, no body actually cared.

It seems to me that after a few days there, certain among of people sure are enjoying it, afterall, their race or religion restrict people of different gender from going too close or mixing around too much in the public and obviously when there's no one to keep an eye on you, everyone is just free to go.

And one of the best thing there is that there's no cats nor monkeys as your neighbours. No cats that follows you to the bathroom or wail at your door begging for leftovers.

But still, on top of that, the biggest problem is transportation and that's not such a pretty picture. I don't mind having to use shuttle service back and forth to campus but when your lecture hours is so scattered to the extent where I have to stay in campus one whole day, this is really ugly.

I practically spend 8 t0 9 hours a day just attending lectures and roaming around. Packed lecture hours on certain days with an hour or two gap in between and going back to hostel takes a bout half the free time by waiting the bus and its just highly inadvisable. And I haven't a clue why my course suddenly requires so much lab work that consume a hell lot of time which makes a whole week of long hours, just like working.

And by the time I reached the hostel, its practically night time and yes I'm exhausted with blacker and droopier eyes as the clock ticks away everyday.

3 comments:

-Princess Shin- said...

No more staying in your hostel? How come?

But nice to hear that you have your own place now though. Esp with your cute roomie which you love so much! =)

Take care ya gal!

Plunny said...

UO renovate my dear! Temporary move to outside! When you going to US.? Lets meet up before you go!

el_fuser said...

nice blog... i've linked u to mine... http://yearofthaboomerang.blogspot.com

ok u take care then keep writing..