Sunday, April 04, 2010

Just another day in the supermarket.

Attendant : Hi can I help you with anything?

Me : Yes. Can I have one of these please ? (pointing to something behind the counter)

Attendant : Yea sure. Anything else I can help you with?

Me : No that's all.

Attendant : I'm sorry but where are you from?

Me : (Puzzled) Malaysia, why?

Attendant : Oh, cos I can't guess because I can't seem to hear your accent.

Me : You mean cos I don't have an accent?

Attendant : Yea, but now I can tell your accent after you said "accent".

Me : -.-



Somehow I think he only said that because I already told him where I'm from. Oh well.


Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! that's really funny. my family is from Malaysia, but I do not speak Cantanese/Mandarin. I also do NOT live there, but i celebrate the customs.

Plunny said...

Well Malaysia is probably one of the countries with most public holidays and customs due to its multiracial population :)

Its actually completely unsurprising to find local Malaysian chinese who can't speak Chinese or Cantonese as well haha.

Daniela said...

OMG OMG I have found someone like me! I was just randomly scrolling down and pasisng by and I see "accent" whch grabs my attention as there is not a day which goes by where people go "where are you from? where's your accent from? why dont you have an accent!"
Anyways. Im from singapore. (but im not asian.) so there you have it, not far from malaysia.

Plunny said...

Nice to meet you :)

|☼◙ Avenger ◙☼| said...

I`m trying to find someone like me and you what I got. :P
Saudi Arabia.